[CentOS] Re: Keeping data on 2 servers in sync !

Tue Dec 6 03:00:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 00:49 -0200, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 08:13:58PM -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > > There is a lot more to handling network file services --
> > > especially when it comes to locking and controlling write
> > > access -- that web servers don't have to worry about.  ;->
> > >
> > I use drbd and heartbeat on a samba domain controller that has
> > failover ... BUT, you can't use both machines at the same time.
>
> Actually, you can't. I did that twice for telco datacenters. It is tricky
> as hell, but it is possible. I would not recomend it to first timers
> on drbd, tho.

What I meant is you can't use the shared partition on both machines at
the same time.  You can't mount the mirror partition while it is
secondary.

You can have an active partition on computer one ... to a mirrored
partition on the computer two ... and a separate active partition on the
computer two to a mirror partition on computer one.