[CentOS] install

Tue Dec 6 19:16:29 UTC 2005
Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo at gmail.com>

On 12/6/05, John Dangler <jdangler at atlantic.net> wrote:
> The box is an Ultra LP-U266 (3Ghz Intel P4 w/1Gb ram)
> The controllers are VIA Technologies.
> Specifically, the video is VIA VT8378 [S3 UniChrome ]
>
> Thanks for a reply, this is giving me a headache!
>
> Regards,

 Quick suggestion: google for

VIA VT8378 xorg.conf

I get a lot of hits, but I didn't peruse them all. If you can find
someone who's posted an xorg.conf that works for that controller, then
perhaps you can just copy it to /etc/X11/xorg.conf and see what
happens. (note: mouse & keyboard is also configured in xorg.conf, so
it's possible you'll change those in the process. save your original
xorg.conf for comparison.) Or failing that, maybe you'll find
something that helps you edit yours with the correct "device" section.