[CentOS] O.T. Wheel mouse

Wed Dec 7 04:00:54 UTC 2005
Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net>

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 01:25 -0200, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 09:57:41PM -0500, Sam Drinkard wrote:
> > Slightly off topic, but wanted to ask.  Is there any first source/seconds or
> > third source application that can be used to speed up the movement of the wheel
> > mouse?  It's painfully slow compared to my "normal" usage on a windows box.
> > Or, are there any quick hacks that can be made to speed up the wheel in the
> > Xconfig?
>
> If I recall correctly, the wheel is just mapped to buttons 4 and 5.
>
> What WM are you using ? Kde ? Gnome ?

I'm using Gnome. Yes, the Zaxis 4 5 is for the wheel or button 4&5, but
I thought there might be some other tweak less known or published that
would serve to adjust the speed of the scroll wheel.  I can live with
it, but sure would be nice to have a tad more speed, especially when
looking at 100+ pages of PDF's!

Snowman