using Cyrus was Re: [CentOS] Re: Planning Mail Server (with low resources)

Wed Dec 7 19:05:39 UTC 2005
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net> wrote:
>
>>and I suppose you can somehow show how some NFS setup can
>>be better than one with local disk storage
>

> NFS locking is _hell_ on mbox files.  Maildir helps, but it's
> still _not_ recommended for e-mail storage.

Heh, not to mention the network overhead. That's why it promptly became
a cyrus good for single box with local storage but you should use
courier for mail storage on NFS by Robin.

>>and what happened to dovecot?
>

> I haven't used it as of late.  As of late FC2 / early FC3, it
> was still mega-buggy, so I stuck with WU-IMAP 2004 or Cyrus
> when I needed the features.  But many now say Dovecot is far
> more stable.

Mega-buggy?