[CentOS] perl module

Thu Dec 8 18:51:07 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 12:36, Jim Perrin wrote:

> > > Don't use CPAN!
> >
> > I'm happy with using CPAN, but one should avoid mixing rpms and CPAN.
> >
> > Kai
>
> Just be careful that whatever you're installing with cpan doesn't try
> to replace/update the existing perl installation. It'll make updating
> the system VERY unhappy. Also, "Best Practice" for rpm based systems
> dictates that system-wide programs should be installed via rpm.

I'd love to see someone package Request Tracker:
http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/ and keep it updated, but how
do you deal with dozens of dependent modules that aren't
included in the base system but might someday?  That is, how
do you keep third party RPM packages from conflicting with
the same thing that might be added officially by someone else
later?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com