[CentOS] RE: Keeping data on 2 servers in sync !

Thu Dec 8 20:19:24 UTC 2005
Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo at gmail.com>

On 12/8/05, Yiorgos Stamoulis <yiorgos-lists at 272deg.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Jonathan Darton wrote:
>
> >to the user, and if it happens to go down it will pick up where it left off
> >as soon as it can regain a connection.
> >
> >Let me know if you require any further information.
> >

> >A. Jonathan Darton, B.COMM CIS
> >System Consultant

> I apologize if this counts as thread hijack, but I have a couple of
> questions about Unison.
>
> I use rsync to synchronize 4 locations, but I fillow the master/slave
> route, i.e directories are synchronized only one way, each server
> holding the master copy of it's data and read-only copies of the other
> server's data.  I would have preferred to use unison for proper
> synchronization but i need to copy ACLs as well and as I understand this
> is not possible.  Am I wrong about this?

There are options for transferring ownership and perms (-owner and
-perms), although I admit I haven't tried them. If they don't work
right, but you know how things are supposed to look, you can always
run chmod & chown afterward.