[CentOS] RE: Keeping data on 2 servers in sync !

Fri Dec 9 13:37:22 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 04:10, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 at 7:19pm, Bryan J. Smith wrote
>
> > In fact, since Red Hat insists on not supporting XFS with its
> > xfsdump that maintains EAs, and Ext3's dump does nothing of
> > the sort (and I'm not a huge fan of star), I use getfacl to
> > store the original ACLs with my backup in a file included
> > with the backup.
>
> ext3 dump does EAs now:
>
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2005-359.html
>
> Of course, ext3 dump is not, IMO, anywhere near the quality of xfsdump
> (and ditto your comments on star), but RH now *can* claim full backup
> support of ext3.

The star version included in RH & Centos is years out of date.  Has
anyone used the current version?  Are the EA's used by selinux
really posix attributes and does star duplicate them if you
back up ext3 and restore to xfs?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com