[CentOS] Post postinstall configuration -- Setup Agent (aka firstboot)

Fri Dec 9 21:47:09 UTC 2005
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Matt Lawrence wrote:

> Given the limitations of what can actually be run during the %post
> phase, I'm not sure if it is easier.  There are warnings about lack
> of name resolution if the system is configured for DHCP.

fwiw, I've historically (Red Hat 7 -> Fedora Core 3) had no trouble
getting name resolution in %post scripts, e.g., I'd frequently use
wget to retrieve config/bootstrap files from a remote web server.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com