[CentOS] Cdrecord problems

Mon Dec 12 15:46:10 UTC 2005
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov>

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 17:52 -0500, Dexter Stowers wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am having problems with cdrecord. Here is my information from
> scanbus:
> [root at Eurisko3 ~]# cdrecord -scanbus
> Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
> Jörg Schilli ng
>
> Is there something that I am missing here? I do not have problems
> burning iso's with my Solaris box at the office. Thanks!

You don't give enough information to enable someone to help.  Output of
"cdrecord -scanbus" on my system looks very similar and everything works
fine.  What have you tried and what errors/failures are you seeing?

Here's a command-line that works for me:

# cdrecord -v -dao -eject -data dev=/dev/cdwriter boot.iso

        where "boot.iso" is in the current directory and, in my case,
        cdwriter is a link to hda

Phil