[CentOS] Seagate NCQ + Sil3112 (sata_sil)

Tue Dec 13 13:21:44 UTC 2005
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Peter Kitchener wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a problem with a new Seagate hard disk. The problem occurs when i
> go to install CentOS, i insert the cd and start the boot up process,
> when it gets to the section where it detects the hard disks, the driver
> is seems crashes, the message it produces complains about no one caring
> about a interrupt on IRQ11. The hard disk is a Seagate 200GB 8MB SATA150
> NCQ drive, on a SilliconImage 3112 PCI adapter card. Does anyone have
> any ideas?

Seagate and Silicon Image are a not very well known disaster combination
due to unclear specificitions which led to varying implementations.

The only idea possible is get another card or another brand of disk.