[CentOS] How to select a motherboard

Thu Dec 15 15:34:45 UTC 2005
Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com>

Bowie -

Let me apologize for not putting some specs out there right up front; it
is like saying I want a vehicle without stating that I haul tools and
sometimes a few bags of cement!

This is for a "light weight server" that is connected to DSL and just
affords my clients the advantage of downloading daily applications I
maintain via FTP.  Also, my "photo clients" view my "digital proof
sheets"...very light weight stuff.

I need to replace my current board since it has "fake RAID" (Abit
BE7-RAID) and Centos will not install.  The disks are IDE.  Once it is
up, I just let it run and run...nothing special.

Todd