[CentOS] Where is the kernel source code???

Sun Dec 18 23:18:23 UTC 2005
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Dec 18, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:

> Long complicated answer: you'd need to get the src rpm, edit the
> .config used to add support for the driver, rebuild the rpm.... etc.

this is not quite correct; rather that messing with the kernel SRPM,
you should also be able to pull down the kernel-source RPM:

yum -y install kernel-source

this will create /usr/src/linux-<kernel version>, which contains the
kernel source.

this doc is old, but you may be able to compile a custom kernel using
a similar procedure:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-
custom-kernel-modularized.html

but i'd add my voice to those recommending that you NOT compile you
own kernel, and instead use the centosplus kernel, especially if it
contains the module(s) you need.

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v