[CentOS] Where is the kernel source code???

Mon Dec 19 01:27:28 UTC 2005
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 01:08 +0100, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> >> How do i know that the centOSplus kernel has support for my device(in my
> >> case bt848 capture device). I must see the config file right? But rpm
> >> doesnt put that config file into /boot
>
> if you know the module name for your device then you can check rpm file
> manifest to see if it  contains the appropriate module
>
> > Sometimes you need to compile your own drivers, since no one kernel has all
> > drivers.  Especially out of kernel drivers.
>
> Doubtful, a properly compiled module kernel can contain all the drivers
> prebuild as modules - as far as I know this is what the centosplus
> kernel does...
----
actually I need to build the megaraid module (not megaraid_mbox or
megaraid_mm) that has been deemed by RHEL and Dell not suitable for
inclusion (see release notes)...so I do build the module from the
source. While I am there, I also build the appletalk module though as
many have pointed out, that one is available in the kernel in
centosplus.

Craig