[CentOS] Install from a USB CDrom?

Wed Dec 21 15:16:44 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 08:18, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I do have a USB 2.5" drive case that I can put a drive in with the
> CDs on, but is it worth the effort?  Will the install recognize that?
>
> Does anyone know were to point me to info on how to get the install
> to get things like PCMCIA and USB drivers installed initially?

If you have another box available, it is probably easier to
to an NFS install than to deal with hardware the install
kernel doesn't handle.  If you download the iso images to
a directory that is NFS exported, then boot the pc in question
with the first CD and type 'linux askmethod' at the boot
prompt, you can do the rest of the install over the network.
It also saves burning and swapping in the other CD's so
it is nicer even if you don't have a problem with the CD
drive.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com