[CentOS] Re: Horde domxml dependency problem

Thu Dec 22 01:32:46 UTC 2005
Greg Swallow - SkyNet <gregswallow at skynetonline.ca>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> from a policy standpoint, I am not sure how good an idea this is - to
> have multiple versions of the same codebase sitting on the users machine
> - and i am sure in many many cases, the user is oblivious to this
> situation.

True, but for us it does ensure Horde continues to work after a php update -
I'm sure our users are glad to be oblivious to there not being a problem
there.

Maybe the best option for Centos is to create a php-pearplus (or whatever
name) rpm that duplicates the standard php-pear, but also updates and adds
any extra modules for Horde (and is set to conflict with php-pear so both
can't be installed together).  You could have one for php4 and one for php5
that way too.

Greg