[CentOS] snmp monitoring application

Thu Dec 22 17:40:50 UTC 2005
Troy Engel <tengel at fluid.com>

I use Cacti on CentOS-4 as the server/poller and it's great:

  http://www.cacti.net/

I have it monitoring RH72, RH73, RH9, CentoOS3, CentOS4, RHEL3 and RHEL4
servers as well as the Cisco and Juniper hardware (firewall, vpn,
router, etc). The server/poller is running on a measly Celeron-600/256MB
1U rackmount, it doesn't take much juice at all.

If you know your SNMP MiBs for a given device, the WebUI makes it easy
to create your own custom polling graphs; making one to monitor my
firewall session usage on a Juniper Netscreen was a no brainer.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com