[CentOS] logwatch patch

Mon Dec 26 14:10:50 UTC 2005
Robert <kerplop at sbcglobal.net>

Robert Tate wrote:

>I ran FC4 befor wipeing it out to install CentOS 4.2. It logwatch used to report almost every day about updates. That is part of the reason I know something was wrong with it in CentOS. I can't go back now an check what the scripts look like any more.
>
>On Sunday 25 December 2005 08:53 pm, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
>

>>William L. Maltby wrote:
>>

>>>My system, 4.2 i386, fully current AFAIK, does not have
>>>
>>>   scripts/shared/applyyumdate
>>>
>>>but does have applyusdate.

<snip>

I have one FC4 box that I've looked at.  The yum.log format appears to
be identical to that in CentOS4.  FC4 comes with  logwatch-6.0.1-2 while
CentOS4 has logwatch-5.2.2-1.EL4.1.  There is obviously some difference
but I'm not smart enough to find it.
If anyone wants me to look at something specific or email a file(s),
I'll be happy to do so.