[CentOS] Re: logwatch patch

Wed Dec 28 11:52:56 UTC 2005
Sharon Kimble <sharon04 at gmail.com>

Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> Robert Tate wrote on Sun, 25 Dec 2005 01:22:18 -0500:
>
>> I just installed CentOS a few weeks ago and am still learning about this
>> distros' methods and such, but I vote for sending out a patch or fixed
>> package for it.
>
> You should be aware that the Logwatch installed with RHEL and CentOS is
> *quite* old. Logwatch current is at 7.1. I installed it two weeks ago or
> so and it works fine. I don't remember getting any yum information,
> though. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. I'll check about this
> when I'm back from vacation. Maybe it was just a period with no updates.
> If you do any tuning and want to have that included in the source you
> better patch against a current Logwatch and submit that diff.
> All in all the logwatch scripts look very much like catering for RH
> products, so I'd be a bit puzzled if a newer Logwatch would miss on this.
> I installed it on Suse systems as well and had to tune it heavily to get
> some decent reporting because it missed the log files and is very
> dependant on applications logging to their own log file.

Becuase of this thread I installed the newest logwatch program and can confirm
that it =does= show a yum output of what programs have been
installed/removed, and it all works very well.

Sharon.
--
 11:49:22 up 3 days,  2:12,  1 user,  load average: 1.48, 1.49, 1.45
A taste of linux http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html