[CentOS] Multiple program instances or multiple log ins? -- the "retention curve"

Wed Dec 28 19:30:45 UTC 2005

At 02:02 PM 12/28/2005, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
>"William A. Mahaffey III" <wam at HiWAAY.net> wrote:
> > Preach it *LOUD*, brother :-) !!!!
>
>I call this the "retention curve."
>
>People complain that UNIX has a poor "learning curve."  I
>always complain that Microsoft products have a poor
>"retention curve" of 5-10 years maximum.

And I have to go back and retrieve 10+ year old learning.

I still get a chuckle remembering when we were 'learning' PING (gee,
I already had Interop's Advanced TCP/IP class and Comer's vol II) and
I figured the IP address of our terminal server and I gave it the
PING of Death and we got a 15 minute class break while they tried to
determine why the terminals all locked up.  Yes PING of Death was
around LONG before M$ got slamed with it.

But how to use VI?  I have to pull out my book on that!  Thank you GEDIT.