[CentOS] RPM conflicts - help!

Thu Dec 29 19:59:56 UTC 2005
Benjamin Smith <lists at benjamindsmith.com>

I long ago standardized on yum, and have been maintaining my own repos for
various flavors. (Such as, a yum repo for updates from Progeny for aging
RedHat 7.x systems - their curl-based system sucks, but sticking a yum repo
on top of an "update" yum repo managed by a cron script makes managing
updates a single-command process)

Thanks - the config on my server has been so updated, and yum update works as
expected.

-Ben

On Thursday 29 December 2005 04:01, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 00:15 -0800, Benjamin Smith wrote:
> > I installed the new compat (there are now both in the dev RPM repo) rpm
and
> > then was able to install php-pgsql with yum.
> >
> > I've verified that it works, on the dual-proc Opteron without a hitch.
After a
> > bit more testing, I'll finally be able to switch over production fully
from
> > the wheezing, 32-bit P4 server to the big new shiny server...
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Is this PG 8.1 ever going to be part of the official 4.x release, or is
this
> > something that's done separately by you instead of coming from upstream?
And,