[CentOS] weird problem with outgoing connections

Thu Dec 29 23:00:53 UTC 2005
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 12/29/05, Roger D Vargas <luo_hei at yahoo.es> wrote:
> After migrating to centos 4, Im having a weird connection problem with
> online games, Planeshift and Anarchy Online. Im using my own firewall
> script, that was working fine before installing Centos. I disabled
> default firewall.
> Can somebody give me an idea about whats happening?

There was an iptables parameter that changed from the 2.4/centos3 days
to the 2.6/centos4 days. For the life of me I can't remember what it
was now, but Matt Hyclak or someone else is probably more familiar
with it than I am. If it was a custom ruleset brought whole from a 2.4
based machine, I'd guess(having nothing else to go on) that it might
be your issue.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT