[CentOS] cyrus idled not in the cyrus-imapd rpm?

Fri Dec 30 14:47:08 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting sophana <sophana at zizi.ath.cx>:

> Ok thanks. I did bring the source with apt-get source cyrus-imapd
> Then I rebuilt the rpmsource with
> rpmbuild -ba --define='IDLED 1' --define='SEEN_DB skiplist' cyrus-imapd.spec
>
> Now Idled works just fine. My emails now appear instantly.
>
> But my question is:
> Why idled is disabled by default? It seems to be working great.
> Does anybody knows if there are drawbacks in using idled?

Hmmm...  Recently there was this email on Cyrus Announce mailing list:

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.cyrus-announce&msg=150

It's announcement for version 2.3.1.  Quoting: "IDLE now works with
idled".  So
I guess there might have been some problems with it in previous version(s), if
it "now works" in the most recent version.  I guess cyrus-info mailing list
would be the best place to inquire what was wrong with idled in previous
versions (if there was something wrong with it in 2.2.x).