[Centos] IBM x226 lockups, convert CentOS to RHEL 3.0

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Wed Feb 2 00:04:34 UTC 2005

Troy Engel wrote:
> Barry L. Kline wrote:

> Hey Barry -- have you tried upgrading/downgrading along the kernel line?
> Ie, try the core kernel from the very first release, then maybe a kernel
> from update 2, then the update 4 era kernels?

That's not a bad idea... I'll have to give it a try.  This machine does
not face the internet so security patches won't be as big of a problem.

Right now I have them booted on the uniprocessor kernel (it's a
hyperthreaded CPU) to see if it gains any stability there.  Next stop is
to go into the BIOS and turn off hyperthreading (just to make sure).

Failing that I'll try dropping back kernels and see what happens.

Thanks Troy!

Barry