[Centos] Release Announcement: Updated CentOS 4 beta iso and DVD images for i386 and x86_64

Paul subsolar at subsolar.org
Sun Feb 6 02:43:52 UTC 2005

        Sat Feb 5 13:16:26 UTC 2005

        On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 09:49 +0100, Ulrik S. Kofod wrote:
        > When I installed 4-beta I only tested the first CD, that test failed so I didn't
        > bother test the rest of them and just installed it anyway.

        I have found that if you burn CDs with k3b (and even sometimes cdrecord)
        the image fails the self check because some items (blank/unsued space)
        get added to the end of the CD.  It happens every time with K3b.

        But, k3b has a MD5 sum check at the beginning of the process, that will
        give you a green arrow if the md5sum matches the embedded md5sum.

I burned the disk using Nautilus on FC3 ... could be my issue ... I'll
give it a try with cdrecord.

Regards,
Paul Berger