[Centos] silly cross posts

Rick Graves

gravesricharde at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 13:42:07 UTC 2005

Russ,

> Sorry for the cross post, but this is an important
> one potentially affecting all recipients.

Why be sorry?  Did you break a rule?  Where is the
rule?

It seems that there is a rule, but the rule gives if
the matter is important enough.  But you have to say
"Sorry"?

It seems that when a matter comes up that is important
enough to inform everyone, one MUST cross post --
otherwise, you guarantee that lots of people will not
get the message.

Having to say "Sorry" to get a message out to everyone
who needs to get the message seems silly to me.

I would think that if the message is important enough
and must get to everyone, one should be able to cross
post without having to say "Sorry" -- saying "Sorry"
is "silly".

Rick