[Centos] Red Hat Legal Targets www.centos.org website content

Michael Best mbest at pendragon.org
Mon Feb 14 22:26:42 UTC 2005

Dag Wieers wrote:
> Actually, I think the GPL mentions that not only the sources should be
> available, but in case of distributing executables, also the information
> to be able to produce the same results. (In this case the SPEC files)
>
> I think RMS foresaw how people could abuse the system. But I don't know
> how Novell/SuSE is complying to this.

Such as:
"The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for
making modifications to it.  For an executable work, complete source
code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any
associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to
control compilation and installation of the executable."

-Mike