[Centos] some questions

Matt Bottrell mbottrell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:09:39 UTC 2005

RHEL 4 has only been officially released today at LinuxWorld .  (See
press release:
http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2005/press_rhel4.html )

Expect CentOS 4 to be released shortly... after all the SRPMs are
compiled up and some 'Cent-Magic' occurs over the redhat-*.src.rpms.

'Shortly' can be defined between  now - 1 week... though I expect
these guys are already compiling it up.  (More than happy to stand
corrected!).

I'm looking forward to CentOS 4 myself... a big improvement and some
funky new features.  :)  I too played with CentOS 4 Beta...  I didn't
expect updates... due to it's beta status...  I'm hoping that Beta
users can upgrade to the final version.  :)

Let's see how the next few days pan out...

Cheers,

Matt.