[Centos] Poll: what features are you lusting for in v4

Ryan Sweet rsweet at aoes.com
Tue Feb 15 18:39:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Troy Engel wrote:

> While we're waiting on the keebler elves to make the new CentOS 4, what
> feature(s) are you most lusting after in RHEL/CentOS 4?
>
> For me:
>
> - official Mysql 4!!!  (man does this make me happy)
> - official Subversion
>
> ..are my top two, they will make me a happy camper for so many projects. :)
> Sure sure the 2.6 kernel is nice, but that super-patched 2.4 kernel on v3
> seems to work quite well too...

I'm confused, are you referring to things you want to see but that aren't
there?  I have rpms for mysql and its deps using mysql4 if you want, but its
not part of v4:

/home/rsweet# rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
mysql-devel-3.23.58-13
qt-MySQL-3.3.3-8
libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.6.5-9
mysql-3.23.58-13
mod_auth_mysql-20030510-5
php-mysql-4.3.9-3
mysql-bench-3.23.58-13
MySQL-python-0.9.2-4
gda-mysql-1.0.4-3
freeradius-mysql-1.0.1-1
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9003-5
mysql-server-3.23.58-13

--
Ryan Sweet             <ryan.sweet at aoes.com>
Advanced Operations and Engineering Services