[Centos] YUM and Tripwaire

smj at littleprojects.org smj at littleprojects.org
Wed Feb 16 22:03:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 04:29:35PM -0500, cents at samson-solutions.ca wrote:
> I am looking for a location where I can get tripwire to install and update via
> YUM. I know this is not the most secure thing but with the amount of machines
> that I have, I have not other choice. So far I have found
>
> http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/9/updates/SRPMS/
>
> Does anyone know one for CentOS?

Tripwire did not come with RHEL 3, and hence did not come with CentOS 3.
I tried rebuilding the SRPM once and found that some libraries have changed from RHL 9 and RHEL 3.  It wouldn't build.

After poking around, I discovered AIDE and forgot about Tripwire.

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~rammer/aide.html

Debian has ported tripwire to their new Sarge release, so someone must've
fixed the library dependencies, but I don't know how or where.

Hope this helps,

Shawn M. Jones