[Centos] CentOS-4.0 (RC1) for i386 Official Release

Michael Best mbest at pendragon.org
Thu Feb 17 19:09:10 UTC 2005

Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> I don't mind running bittorrent, but I just downloaded the beta last
>> week, and as I doubt there were a lot of changes,  I think rsync
>> against the old isos might use less bandwidth?
>
> yes, rsync against the old ISO's will use much lesser bandwidth.

I don't know about that, I've done xdelta's of only minorly changed ISOs
and they can be quite a large size difference.  Although I'd like to
take an additional crack at it with xdelta3 (xdelta uses a similar
approach to rsync)

Someone with both ISOs should run an xdelta for us and see how small a
diff/xdelta could be generated.

http://xdelta.blogspot.com/

-Mike