[Centos] Squirrelmail

Zebee Johnstone

zebee at mighty.com.au
Fri Feb 18 03:05:31 UTC 2005

I have an urgent (isn't it always the way!) need to set up webmail for one of our users.

I intalled Squirrelmail, added /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf and
etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf/squirrel.conf to my webserver config (which
is not RH stock) and ran the squirrelmail conf.pl

I know nothing at all about php, so am having a hell of a time diagnosing
the errors, and the squirrelmail.org site knows of no RH distro after
7.3 and has been wikispammed anyway.

Google's not been helpful so far.

So... is anyone running squirrelmail on their CentOS site, and
can they tell me why I'm seeing:
Warning: main(../config/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on line 16

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../config/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on line 16

when I try http://mymachine.mydomain.com.au/webmail/src/login.php

Or point me at some useful doco, probably more PHP than squirrel?
Especially as the squirrel site seems less than helpful...

Perhaps someone can email me with RH specific instructions?

Zebee