[Centos] External yum and apt Repositories and CentOS4

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Feb 19 07:40:02 UTC 2005

Were looking to use yum 2.1's ability to store repository data
in /etc/yum.repos.d/ as a means of pushing updates to our mirrors list.

As an added feature, we want to host third party repository config in
installable .rpm's into CentOS-Extras. So that enabling a new repository
becomes as easy as "yum install <repo name>". Eg. 'yum install repo-
dag'. Which would in turn drop the required repository information
into /etc/yum.repos.d/, set the enabled flag, import the required gpg-
key.

We are looking for package repositories, with public access who would
want to be included in this setup. All supported architecture's are
welcome ( x86/ia32, x86_64, ia64, s390(x)) as well as testing ( ppc )
for yum repositories. We do have apt available on x86 and ppc, so if you
have an apt repository that works with CentOS4 on these architectures,
we're interested.

If you run a repository or know of one which should be included : Reply
to this post here with details or send me an email.

There are a few things that we ask for.

1) The repository must be complete in itself or require no more than the
CentOS4 base and CentOS4 updates to pull required dependencies.

2) All packages in the repository must be signed. And the key available
via public key-servers.

3) You must have both meta data ( via createrepo ) as well as the Header
info ( via yum-arch ) available.

And lastly, I need some recommendations on what to call these .rpm's
repo-<Repository Tag>.<ver>.rpm is one option.

- K