[Centos] Knowing what packages come from where in apt/yum

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists at karan.org
Mon Feb 21 18:21:10 UTC 2005

first last wrote:
> Is there any way to find out what packages come from where? I have a
> mixed CentOS with some Fedora updates (i know, I was just trying to add
> ardour and a couple of multimedia programs so I can ditch windows), but
> it has now become unstable, so I'd like to know what packages did I get
> from fedora.

try this command : ( all on one line )

for f in `rpm -qa` ; do  echo -n $f ; rpm --qf " %{VENDOR}
%{DISTRIBUTION} \n" -q $f ; done

this should tell you where the packages installed on your machine came
from.

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc