[Centos] strange IE problem

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Tue Feb 22 03:01:41 UTC 2005

besides the site being a tad slow..it works fine here with
mozilla 1.7.5 and win2k sp4

Melinda Odom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few of my customers are having this problem with just a few of their
> customers who are shopping on their stores:
>

> About the problem when a user is trying to open our web, the browser will
> try to download something off http://www.pcgatecomputer.com. It has been
> tested with many different computers here. Our website will only work with
> system has Windows XP service pack 2 installed. It's not related to the
> system cache, because I just tried a fresh built system. It won't load our
> site at all.
>
> I have the xp2 service pack so cannot duplicate the problem.  This is also
> happening on www.bandtobow.com/catalog and if you go to www.bandtobow.com
> and click on the retail/wholesale link at the top the download box pops up
> just for some people.
> Everything works fine in the Firefox browser I was told by a Linux guy.
> This is not OS related is it?
>
> Sincerely,
> Melinda Odom
> www.designhosting.biz
> 479-471-0891

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou
shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: