[Centos] partition table Cent4RC1

David Kaupp dkaupp at ccdsd.org
Tue Feb 22 18:07:20 UTC 2005

  The warm and fuzzes was mostly towards the rackmount I had put FC3 and FC2 on. FC2 crapped out when the 2.6 kernel was introduced, Fc3 wouldn't even boot past grub. If I had the time I would investigate the situation more, but I'm pretty much the only tech for 250+ desktops and other IT duties.

 Kickstart is on my long list of things to do. I'm using ghost since, it seems(ed?) to work and its an application my boss is accustomed to. I'm going to stick with Cent3 at work and try Cent4 on my home server.

 the not being able to boot issue may not have been due to the 2.6 kernel

Dave Kaupp
Catholic Charities, Diocese of San Diego
http://www.ccdsd.org
619-231-2828 x520  619-287-9454 x157

>>> jperrin at gmail.com 02/19/05 11:40AM >>>
We've had some issues at work with similar things, and it seems due
more to breakage in ghost than anything else. Kickstart files work
like a champ for making multiple identical machines if that's your
thing, but a good kickstart file can also provide you with a fast
method to rebuild a server should you feel a burning desire to burn it
down and start over.  The 2.6 kernel and specifically SELinux give me
the most warm&fuzzy feelings I've had for a while. I'd not be so quick
to write it off just because some 3rd party (primarily windows
oriented app) doesn't work well.

Just my $0.02
--
Jim Perrin.