[Centos] How to create a CD/DVD

Maciej Żenczykowski

maze at cela.pl
Wed Feb 23 20:40:41 UTC 2005

Hi!

Assuming I have all the files (basically I've downloaded the ISOs) of
CentOS 4 (RC1 for now, but 4.0 in the future) how do I recreate the ISO
images - both to regain the original 4 CDs (less important) - and to
achieve a DVD image (more important but can probably be guessed from the
answer to how to make the CDs).  Any takers?  [note I've burned many CDs -
I'm basically asking for the command line to mkisofs et al to get an as
near bit-perfect as possible ISO from source files only]

Furthermore, even though I'm very new here, I'd suggest splitting up this
mailing list into announce lists for the various releases (ie
centos-announce-3.4 and the like, for updates/etc, with no posting by
non-admins/maintainers) and a general discussion list (possibly also
split into centos-2/3/4/all).  Just my two cents.

Cheers,
MaZe.