[Centos] How to create a CD/DVD

Anne Possoz anne.possoz at epfl.ch
Wed Feb 23 22:20:49 UTC 2005

> Dnia 23-02-2005, Maciej Żenczykowski napisał
> (a):
> > And how exactly does this burn a DVD?

To avoid all these cd/dvd burning, the simplest, from my point of
view, is to put all the content of the iso images in a directory
that could be accessed by nfs or http.

Burning only the 1st cd is then necessary.

Booting from that cd and starting the installation with
	linux askmethod
will then prompt for a choice.
Selecting http will then prompt for a screen like this one:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/s1-begininstall-http.html

Of course, that solution is not possible if the network driver
is not available out of the box.

This solution is great for kickstart installations.

				Anne, tired of burning