[Centos] centos-announce list?

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Thu Feb 24 03:58:03 UTC 2005

Thomas Brown wrote:

>Any chance we can set up a low-volume "centos-announce" list so that we
>all don't have to read all of these non-Centos-specific E-mail threads
>about people figuring out how to admin a Linux box when all we need to
>know is when major releases/milestones/news items are available?

Me too.

It takes about 60 seconds to add one using the Mailman web interface
too. 10 seconds from the commands line. Another 20 seconds to add the
aliases and run newaliases for postfix.

Hint: I'll even provide the URL ;)

http://lists.caosity.org/mailman/admin/centos

I'm curious to know the reluctance. I must be missing some complication.