[Centos] Re: centos-announce list?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Feb 25 02:18:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Mark A. Lewis wrote:

> An announce list is standard fare, not like we are talking about
> something that would be terrible to maintain here.
>
> Create a list that does not allow posts, send it a message when a new
> package is available. Boom, 0 administration, almost 0 storage, very
> little resources.
>
> It is good practice and you will get a lot of subscribers that don't
> want to see the day to day traffic or visit the site constantly.

I think everyone can agree to that. So, who of the CentOS admins can
create such a list and make sure developers use it for all updates (and
maybe important news items only).

A consistent subject would gain some extra karma points, like:

	[NEWS] CentOS 6 RC1 for i386 released
	[UPDATE] CentOS 3 - kernel, httpd, rpm
	[UPDATE] CentOS 4 - openldap, lftp

or whatever makes more sense.