[Centos] [centos 3.4] e1000 and installation problem

Tue Feb 8 14:35:14 UTC 2005
Martin Hamant <mh at accelance.fr>

Hello,

I install Centos'es from PXE, with vmlinuz and initrd provided by
images/pxeboot from the first CD of centos 3.4.

The server is a PowerEdge 1850 with two integrated e1000 nic interfaces.

So kernel is booting, then it comes to the screen which ask for one nic
to do a dhcp query. I choose eth0, dhcp server reply well and then i get
an ip address, dns'es, etc. And nothing else happen because the nic link
is going down at this point !!! (no light, no way. )

I've tried with PXE install of centos 3.3, and all is working fine on
this server....

Do you think there is a problem with the centos 3.4 "installation time"
kernel  ? I remember that centos 3.1 had problems about this nic too ...

Any ideas ?

Thank you !

--
Martin