[Centos] IBM x226 lockups, convert CentOS to RHEL 3.0

Tue Feb 1 22:09:47 UTC 2005
Barry L. Kline <blkline at attglobal.net>

Hi Donavan.  Thanks for the reply.

donavan nelson wrote:

> In all honesty, trying to extract support from IBM, I would personally
> recommend a complete reinstall.  Once the problem is sorted out (and
> it's Not CentOS) he can always migrate back to CentOS via one of the
> published paths.

It may come to a complete reload, but what a PITA! I'm hoping to avoid
it, if possible.

> Does Redhat support that box?  They must if you have tried support.

I'm not sure if Redhat supports the box or not.  Our tech support was
through IBM and their comment about RH was so that they could have a
support path to work things through.  They claimed RHEL as one of the
supported OSes.