[Centos] Apache 2.0.53 and Centos

Thu Feb 10 19:10:30 UTC 2005
Michael Rock <mikerocks65 at yahoo.com>

Apache works fine on all my Centos 3.3 and 3.4
servers.  I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with a
3rd party apache mod.  The programmer who wrote the
mod asked that I install the latest version of apache
from apache.org.

This since he believes the Redhat-Centos versions are
way out of date.  This even though I explained to him
that 2.0.46-?? is 2.0.52 from apache with the security
fixes but without the new features.  I also verified I
have the latest yum apache update that does contain
all the security fixes.

I update his package on my server daily but it was
only recently the apache mod stopped working. If I
install his mod from a month ago it still works fine
but he insists he has not made any changes to the mod
portion of the code in recent weeks.

I know once I get 2.0.53 working I expect to have the
same problems with the mod. It is just proving it to
the programmer so I can get to the next level of
troubleshooting.  Then I can go back to just using RH
apache with yum updates.

http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/

> 4.0
> >>
> >>in