[Centos] Red Hat Legal Targets www.centos.org website content

Mon Feb 14 18:01:18 UTC 2005
Tony Wicks <tonyw at tonyw.com>

For many years I have run the primary Redhat Mirror server in New
Zealand, about seven years ago I registered redhat.co.nz
(ftp.redhat.co.nz still works) and this is what most people used to
access the site (that is what was listed on the Redhat mirror list on
their website). about 3 years ago all of a sudden Redhat started jumping
up and down saying that (understandably) I couldn't use their trademark
so I changed it to something else. They were really quite nice about it
in a gruff sort of way (ok, they gave me tshirts and hats) and I haven't
heard from them since. I would not assume because they want to make sure
they are the only ones authorising the use of their trademarks that they
have any more sinister intentions.