[Centos] Centos 4

Tue Feb 15 22:12:29 UTC 2005
Michael Jennings <mej at caosity.org>

On Tuesday, 15 February 2005, at 17:05:34 (-0500),
Ken Bass wrote:

> Has anyone done an upgrade from RHEL3 to RHEL4?

Yes.

> Is this likely to break a lot of things?

Yes.

> How long will Centos be supporting version 3? I just installed
> Centos 3.4 two weeks ago!

1 more week.  ;-)

If you use Anaconda to upgrade to CentOS 4, you're probably better
off.  Doing it with yum is tricky.

> The only problem I'm having with Centos is that the perl is a bit
> old. I have errors with spamassassin. So far bugzilla for
> spamassasin is blaming it on the version of perl included in RHEL3
> and bugs in the 'taint' code. I see that RHEL4 has newer Perl
> packages.

I have yet to have any issues with the SA package I built for CentOS.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej at kainx.org>
 "There is a greater darkness than the one we fight.  It is the