[Centos] Centos 4

Thu Feb 17 07:02:57 UTC 2005
Michael Jennings <mej at caosity.org>

On Tuesday, 15 February 2005, at 19:02:26 (-0500),
Ken Bass wrote:

> I hope you are kidding.

Of course. :)

> I'm using SA 3.02. with razor 2.67.
>
> If you do a spamassassin -r to report spam it fails with
> 'Insecure dependency in connect while running with -T switch at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/IO/Socket.pm line 114.'

This would probably be fairly easy to fix by fixing that module.  Just
make sure the parameter passed to connect() is taint-checked.

> In order to install some of the newer stuff I used CPAN to install
> some modules. I noticed that Troy Engel said he rolled some custom
> RPM's for perl modules - should I not be installing via CPAN?

Not directly, no.  I use perlpkg to create RPM's from CPAN
distributions.  You can use cpan2rpm, but I don't recall it handling
dependencies like perlpkg does.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej at kainx.org>
 "Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather