[Centos] some questions

Thu Feb 17 13:34:45 UTC 2005
Karanbir Singh <Mail-Lists at karan.org>

Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> Matt Bottrell wrote:
>
>> I'm looking forward to CentOS 4 myself... a big improvement and some
>> funky new features.  :)  I too played with CentOS 4 Beta...  I didn't
>> expect updates... due to it's beta status...  I'm hoping that Beta
>> users can upgrade to the final version.  :)

a simple 'yum upgrade' moves you from Beta to RC1 ( and RC1 is pretty
much the release version, unless someone finds a major issue! )

> *I'm* hoping that I'll be able to upgrade my CentOS 3.3 system to CentOS
> 4.... without a complete re-install....

If you look back through the mailing list, there are a few threads where
people have tried this route and you might find some tips to save you time.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc