[Centos] External yum and apt Repositories and CentOS4

Sat Feb 19 15:58:26 UTC 2005
seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu>

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 07:40 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>Were looking to use yum 2.1's ability to store repository data
>in /etc/yum.repos.d/ as a means of pushing updates to our mirrors list.
>
>As an added feature, we want to host third party repository config in
>installable .rpm's into CentOS-Extras. So that enabling a new repository
>becomes as easy as "yum install <repo name>". Eg. 'yum install repo-
>dag'. Which would in turn drop the required repository information
>into /etc/yum.repos.d/, set the enabled flag, import the required gpg-
>key.

contributory infringement.
We need to be concerned with linking to sites that host material that
violates the DMCA. Providing repository files that point there is a
concern, to say the least.

Why don't we rethink this - esp for those of us who live in the US and
could be prosecuted by this rule.

-sv