[Centos] how to change default shell when using adduser/useradd

Mon Feb 21 15:08:11 UTC 2005
Alex White <prata at kuei-jin.org>

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 21.02.2005 schrieb Michiel van Es um 15:46:
>

>>when I use useradd of adduser in CentOS 3 or 4, the default shell a user
>>gets /bin/bash.
>>I want this to be changed to /bin/false for security reasons...
>>How can I accomplish this?
>

> useradd --help --> -s Shell
>
> So just use that parameter like "-s /bin/false".
>
> Alexander

Alexander,

Haven't seen you around in a long time. What's the haps man?

Here's a side question in relation to the shell. Which
convention is more correct, or does it even matter. /bin/false
or /bin/nologin?

--
Alex White
prata at kuei-jin.org
Fingerprint = 39E7 0191 EB59 FAEB 2A56 68EA 0153 501C 410F BB26
gpg key location: http://www.kuei-jin.org/GPG-KEY-PRATA
 From the withered tree, a flower blooms --Zen Proverb