[Centos] OT: Oracle Apps on Linux

Tue Feb 22 23:36:46 UTC 2005
John Newbigin <jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au>

I am still using 9iR2 on CentOS-2.  AFAIK, 10g is mostly the same as
9iR2 so it is possible that the requirements are still there.

pushitz says:
"The installation of Oracle10g on my RHELAS3 system worked fine without
installing any compatibility RPMs like compat-gcc, compat-libstdc++, etc."

But that might be because they were installed already.  They might also
be included with Oracle, or Oracle might be linked against new versions.
  I have not tested so I can't say.  From my experience, most binary
only linux software requires compat libraries (motif, ncurses, c++
etc.).  Once again, read pushitz.  Unfortunately his docs tend to mix
lots of versions together so best to read the lot before you try and run
anything.  Also, I can't see a problem installing the compat libs and
not using them.

John.