[Centos] CentOS 4 Beta x86_64

Mon Jan 3 02:52:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 18:30 -0800, Patrick Lawrence (centos) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anybody working on a build of the CentOS 4 Beta for x86_64?  If not,
> are there any directions on how to build a full distribution from the
> available SRPMS that were used to build the i386 version?  I didn't see
> any docs on the website.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pat

Will Dinkel is working on both the CentOS-3.4 respin and CentOS-4beta
for x86_64 ... I'm sure that CentOS-3.4 has priority right now though.

I am looking to get a x86_64 machine in the next week, and if I do, I'll
start right away on building the SRPMS for CentOS-4beta.

My plan would be to install RHEL4-Beta2 x86_64 "everything install" and
create a build user on that machine named buildcentos. I would then just
rebuild the gcc and glibc SRPMS from CentOS-4Beta ... then install the
applicable packages produced over the current ones on the build machine
(using rpm -Uvh ... building any dependancies required as well to
complete the install of gcc and glibc) ... then use the scripts here to
build the SRPMS from  CentOS-4beta:

http://centos.hughesjr.com/build/

(generaterpms and buildpackages ... with the .rpmmacros for the
buildcentos user being the file rpmmacros.)  There are some basic
instructions and notes here (substitute buildcentos for buildsys) from
my initial build for CentOS-4Beta:

http://www.hughesjr.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,65/page,viewtopic/t,14/

--
Johnny Hughes